Remove Litha Masivakale from your favorite artists list
Add Litha Masivakale to your favorite artists list
About Litha Masivakale
Careful consideration of shape & form, elegance, space, perfect balance, colour, line and all other aesthetically pleasing elements of art and design are the underlying strength to my art.
My work is inspired by the essence and the intrinsic quality of life. Art is such an amazing thing so much that without it life could never be such a joyful experience.
When it comes to my work what is most important is the end result I get when a little bit of carefully considered elements of music are added to my artwork. Buttons of saxophone made as relief on the surface of a ceramic sculpture; violin strings incised on a leather hard clay skin, then broken down by colourful underglazed shapes (organic and geometric) add to the sense of fulfilment brought about by the realisation that I have just created another masterpiece.
Music is a vital tool that has for ages been used as a catalyst to inspire, to motivate, to captivate among other things. The resonance it produces makes my mind echo ideas of the same tune as a result my art sings.
Litha Masivakale Ncokazi
* Building Bridges, Chicago Illinois 2012
* Easten Cape Provincal Aexhibition: My Freedom My Expression 2012
* East London Home Expo: Hemmingways 2012
* SA Handmade Collection 2009
* South African Handmade Collection 2008
* One of a Kind Exhibition 2007
* B. Tech Graduation Exhibition 2006
* Grahmstown National Arts Festival 2004-05, 2007-08
* Salted Lines - Images From The Mouth Of the Buffalo (Printmaking Touring Exhibition 2003)
* Absa L'Artelier Art Awards Provinial Winner 2006
B. Tech Fine Art
People who chose Litha Masivakale's work also chose work by: