Oil on Canvas,
Sorry but this work has already been sold. may be willing to undertake a commission.
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
Oil on Canvas
W: 250mm x H: 200mm
W: 10" x H: 8"
This work is
framed (but can be supplied either framed or unframed)
Remove Marina from your favorite artists list
Add Marina to your favorite artists list
View all 39 works by Marina Herbst
Since I was a little child I always scketched and draw. In 2002 we moved to Johannesburg I decided to attend informal art classes. My teacher was a realistic artist and I enjoyed her art classes, but soon I realised that I would prefer to develop my own style. I wanted to use more relaxed brush strokes and is still growing and improving this technique.
The motivation for my themes is from a book by Andr[0xC3A9] P Brink [0x1] [0x1]Wonderwerke het soos optelgoed rondgel[0xC3AA][0x1]. When I read his work, I was convinced that he wrote this especially for me - miracles were scattered all over the planet. It was these miracles that I wanted to paint. It does not matter whether animals, people, landscapes, flowers or anything else, it touch my soul.
Thanks to the support of my family and friends I developed self convidence and started to exhibit. I was selected as one of 50 national finalist in the Allette Wessels Kunskamer exhibition. To further develop, I attended a course with Dale Elliot in Villiersdorp.
Since we[0x1]ve moved to Cape Town I am more inspiered by the beatiful landscape and the wonderful people. I would like to consentrate more on landsacape and portrit paintings in the future. I am blessed by the amount of commisions and interest in my art works that I received this past year.
The mediums that I work with, are mainly oils, but I also do some works in carcoal and pencil. If I need to choose a preference in medium it will defnitley be oils. Because there are so much movement with oils, it almost feel like I am molding on a flat sheet of clay.
Since I started exhibiting, my paintings were exhibited at:
• Innibos Arts Festival in Nelspruit during 2005 & 2006
• Artists under the sun” from 27 – 28 Augustus 2005
• Parkhurst Autum, Spring and Christmas markets in 2005 & 2006
• De la Rey Christmas market from 22 – 23 October 2005
• Alet Wessels Kunskamer Initiative from 3 -19 November 2005
• Café Arté from 20 February – 8 March 2006
• University of Johannesburg in 2006
• Absolute Art Durbanville in 2007
• Stellenbosch Christmas market 2007
• Solo exhibition Melkbosstrand 2008
• Group exhibition with Asolute Art Tygervalley 2008
• Group exhibition at AGS Kruis Durbanville 2008
My paintings are currently exhibited at the following galleries:
• Gallerie D’Art in Riebeeck Kasteel
• Rosendal Gallery in Durbanville
• Craft Picture Framers in Claremont
NHD in Horticulture
People who chose Marina's work also chose work by: