Kissing anyway 3
Acrylic on Canvas,
Kissing anyway 3
Add to your Shopping Cart
Remove from your Shopping Cart
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
Acrylic on Canvas
W: 400mm x H: 300mm x D: 40mm
W: 16" x H: 12" x D: 2"
Approx. Weight: 1kg
This work is
man and woman
About "Kissing anyway 3"
The artist is feeling healthy and abundant. She portrays her feelings through the art of telling stories by paintings.
Remove Marittie from your favorite artists list
Add Marittie to your favorite artists list
View all 24 works by Marittie de Villiers
Most recent and most inspiring was being a resident artist in Paris, France in February 2020 for one month.
I saw most famous artworks, architecture and beautiful people.... inside and outside
I grew up and matriculated in Potchefstroom and earned my degree B.A. (Communication) from Potchefstroom University. Travelled between 1994-2003. By land- Egypt, USA, southwest, and Midwestern states-special interest Art and Native American Reservations. By sea on a yacht- South America, Caribbean Chain up to Bahamas and again USA on the East side. Live south of Washington for a year or so and sailed south again- to the Caribbean. Faces fascinate me endlessly. Creating emotions and atmosphere through the use of colour in the human face and figure are the most important elements in my paintings. I make flat-surface "MOVIES" when I paint. I become the figure, the emotions and landscape of thoughts. My memory serves me well in remembering people and the atmosphere while experiencing situations. I easily recall the smell of the turqoise Caribbean Sea, the atmosphere of a busy street in Cairo, the easy-going but mysterious sounds of a foreign language. The excitement of hearing a mix of Dutch-Portuguese-English, Cerveja on my lips, the feverish humidity of walking in Fortaleza, Brazil. The human being in all it's aspects interests me. I am attracted to the exotic, the gypsum, and passionate side of life. Light and dark is often used to create tension and a strong feeling. I enjoy painting the old and young, pretty and less pretty...I live and work from Somerset West, South Africa
* CD Cover - Hermand vd Bergh. 2013
* Woodhill Golf Estate- Golf Day. Solo. All paintings sold . 2012
* Nedbank Golf Challenge- Solo at Hyatt Regency, Oubaai- 2012
* "WATERBORNE"- SOLO EXHIBITION, Brooklyn Theatre, Pretoria. Hangs May & June 2012
* Art Karoo- Featured Artist with Francois Tiran for Feb.2012
* Solo Exhibition-"Layers" - Hyatt Regency Spa & Resort, Oubaai
* November 2010 - January 2011 - "Slice of Life" - Liebrecht
Gallery - Somerset West
* August 2010 - "Palette & Palate" - Cedar Tree Gallery
* 2010 Exhibition- Strydom Gallery
* Nostalgia at De Brak Gallery - 26 March - 2 May 2010.
* Alice Art Gallery- Hartbeespoortdam - ungoing group
* Past exhibition- ALice Art gallery- Ruimsig - October 2009
" Two Woman " with Jonel Scholtz
* VEO Gallery - "Ani mal"
* Strydom's - Winter exhibition 2009
* Art Project for the Blind in SA-Potchefstroom Museum-June-
* Successful winter exhibitions Strydom Gallery 2006,2007,2008.
* Successful exhibition at Port Festival Calitzdorp-2007.
* Strydom Gallery-June, July 2008
* VEO-Cape Town - successfull group exhibition of miniatures
* Succesful exhibition- Montessori School, Greyton 2008
* CD cover design - Petronel Baard, 2008
** Artist resident in February 2020 in Paris, France. Return beginning of March 2020 with a lot of inspiration.
Full CV and notes available on request
BA (Communication)-Potchefstroom University. Self taught artist
People who chose Marittie's work also chose work by: