Ladies with their babies
Oil on Canvas,
Ladies with their babies
Sorry but this work has already been sold. may be willing to undertake a commission.
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
Oil on Canvas
W: 900mm x H: 700mm
W: 35" x H: 28"
This work is
Remove Marina from your favorite artists list
Add Marina to your favorite artists list
View all 39 works by Marina Herbst
Since I was a little child I always scketched and draw. In 2002 we moved to Johannesburg I decided to attend informal art classes. My teacher was a realistic artist and I enjoyed her art classes, but soon I realised that I would prefer to develop my own style. I wanted to use more relaxed brush strokes and is still growing and improving this technique.
The motivation for my themes is from a book by Andr[0xC3A9] P Brink [0x1] [0x1]Wonderwerke het soos optelgoed rondgel[0xC3AA][0x1]. When I read his work, I was convinced that he wrote this especially for me - miracles were scattered all over the planet. It was these miracles that I wanted to paint. It does not matter whether animals, people, landscapes, flowers or anything else, it touch my soul.
Thanks to the support of my family and friends I developed self convidence and started to exhibit. I was selected as one of 50 national finalist in the Allette Wessels Kunskamer exhibition. To further develop, I attended a course with Dale Elliot in Villiersdorp.
Since we[0x1]ve moved to Cape Town I am more inspiered by the beatiful landscape and the wonderful people. I would like to consentrate more on landsacape and portrit paintings in the future. I am blessed by the amount of commisions and interest in my art works that I received this past year.
The mediums that I work with, are mainly oils, but I also do some works in carcoal and pencil. If I need to choose a preference in medium it will defnitley be oils. Because there are so much movement with oils, it almost feel like I am molding on a flat sheet of clay.
Since I started exhibiting, my paintings were exhibited at:
• Innibos Arts Festival in Nelspruit during 2005 & 2006
• Artists under the sun” from 27 – 28 Augustus 2005
• Parkhurst Autum, Spring and Christmas markets in 2005 & 2006
• De la Rey Christmas market from 22 – 23 October 2005
• Alet Wessels Kunskamer Initiative from 3 -19 November 2005
• Café Arté from 20 February – 8 March 2006
• University of Johannesburg in 2006
• Absolute Art Durbanville in 2007
• Stellenbosch Christmas market 2007
• Solo exhibition Melkbosstrand 2008
• Group exhibition with Asolute Art Tygervalley 2008
• Group exhibition at AGS Kruis Durbanville 2008
My paintings are currently exhibited at the following galleries:
• Gallerie D’Art in Riebeeck Kasteel
• Rosendal Gallery in Durbanville
• Craft Picture Framers in Claremont
NHD in Horticulture
People who chose Marina's work also chose work by: