Add to your Shopping Cart
Remove from your Shopping Cart
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
W: 305mm x H: 457mm x D: 5mm
W: 12" x H: 18" x D:
Approx. Weight: 1kg
This work is
About "Romantic Roses"
I love roses, and had some beautiful blooms in my garden. I wanted to keep them in my memory.
Remove Flook from your favorite artists list
Add Flook to your favorite artists list
View all 16 works by Flook
FLOOK is an Artist with SouthAfricanArtists.com based in South Africa. She is also a member of South African Society of Artists based in Cape Town.
* FLOOK [0x1] [0x1]nom du plume[0x1] for Lindy du Toit
* She says of her art -
I think I was born with a pencil in my hand. Since I can remember I have been drawing. I drew on anything I could find and used to save all my pocket money just to buy pencils and paper.
I am keenly interested in art and am currently exhibiting at The Pepper Tree Art Stable, Philadelphia (off N-7 highway north of Cape Town - West Coast Region). Also at Brigs Barn in Darling.
* Short History -
I studied art at school and later attended evening classes for figure drawing at the Cape Technical College in Cape Town whilst studying for my secretarial diploma.
In 1999 I enrolled with INTEC College for their Recreational Art Course. I received my Diploma in January 2003. During the time I was studying I was required to enter two of the INTEC College art competitions. I came in the top 10 students in both competitions.
I studied under renowned artist and teacher Louis Audie in Johannesburg, and joined in two of his courses over the years.
From 2003 until 2005 I studied watercolour painting under accomplished watercolourist Annette de la Porte at the Frank Joubert School of Fine Art in Rondebosch, Cape Town. I exhibited at 3 of their exhibitions at the school and at 2 in Cavendish Square.
I have exhibited paintings at various venues over the years. I joined South African Society of Artists (SASA) in 2005 and what a privilege to have been selected to exhibit at a few of their Kirstenbosch exhibitions.
I have received two certificates for second place at SASA competitions [0x1] one for drawing and watercolour, the other for an oil landscape.
I also exhibited at Almond Bridge Country House in Malmesbury, and at various festivals in the area. I obtained first place in the Women's Agricultural Union competition, West Coast region, for a large watercolour landscape. My current exhibition venue at The Pepper Tree Art Stable in Philadelphia, Western Cape, will be ongoing.
A number of my paintings also hang in homes in the USA, Denmark and Japan.
I hope my paintings will inspire you to dream and reach for the stars, as you journey along and explore the world the way I see it. May you be blessed with many happy moments.
* My favourite media -
* Watercolour is my first love, I reach for my watercolour kit without a conscious thought when wanting to paint.
* Pastels are another love relationship, they give such bright and beautiful results. Unfortunately they are a bit messy and can me damaged by too much handling, so I don't use them often. Occasionally I will use them in conjunction with watercolour, the pigment joins readily with water.
* Oils are intriguing and I love their squishy oiliness. I often use my fingers whilst doing an oil painting, and I love the feel of the paint, like soft butter.
* Acrylics are a medium I have been experimenting with for a number of years now. A difficult medium to master, but giving some wonderful effects. The paint dries very quickly and there is no time to waste in "dreaming between the brush strokes", like you can with an oil painting.
* My lifelong affair with pencils is ongoing, I will never stop sketching with them. There us nothing nicer than using good quality pencils and paper.
Ongoing exhibition at The Pepper Tree Art Stable in Philadelphia, off N-7 highway (north of Cape Town at the entrance to the Swartland). Also paticipate in exhibitions organized bu South African Society of Artists at Kirstenbosch.
INTEC - Art diploma; 2.5yrs Frank Joubert School of Fine Art
People who chose Flook's work also chose work by: