Remove Juanita from your favorite artists list
Add Juanita to your favorite artists list
Juanita is a visual artist specializing in Fine Art and Corporate Commissions for engineering, aviation and military related industries, as well as private clients.
She is one of the founding members of the "South African Guild of Aviation, Military and Maritime Artists", a Special Interest Group affiliated with the South African Air Force Museum, Zwartkop Air Force Base.
Commissioning highlights from her career include:
* A World War 1 Commemorative Commission by the UK-based family of Capt. D.J. Bell MC & Bar, on his last patrol over Thiepval, France.
* Airborne Engineering Commissions by 44 Parachute Engineer Regiment and the South African Army Engineer Formation.
* Several Formal Portraiture Commissions by the South African Army Foundation.
* A Commemorative Commission by the South African Air Force Museum, Zwartkop. The work depicts the Museum's C47 Dakota as part of the Dakota's 75th Anniversary Maiden Flight commemorations.
* Various other genre works as private and corporate commissions for local as well as international clients.
Research and Illustrated Published Articles include among others:
* The Alouette III. "From Dragonflies to Birds of Prey: Helicopters in the South African Air Force"; 2017.
* Capt. Douglas John Bell MC & Bar. "The Sparrow and the Sopwith Camel"; 2016.
(Due for international publication in December 2017/January 2018.)
* Sopwith Camel. "SAAF Museum, Swartkop - Zwartkop Scale Modellers' Sopwith Camel Scale Model Restoration Project"; 2016.
* Scale Modelling. "Recreating Life in Miniature"; 2016.
* South African Spitfire Restoration. "The Fire Within"; 2015.
Other artworks depict experiences and memories acquired during overland trips through Namibia and rural South Africa and subsequently also Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia. Some of these genre works were executed under her maiden name, J.D. Johnson.
Merging visual, performing arts and music, she follows an integrative approach when presenting art workshops for groups and individuals through her atelier "Colour and Chord Art Studio".
Juanita currently resides in Centurion with her sons and husband, Gerhard.
Hugo Naude Art School, Worcester.
Drawing, Painting and Ceramic Design & Manufacture.
History of Art.
1993 - 1996
Saint Luke Art School, Onrust River.
Jewelry Design and Manufacture.
University of South Africa (UNISA)
History of Art 1 and Graphic Art 1.
Venue: Brooklyn Theatre, Greenlyn Village, Menlo Park, Pretoria
Theme: "From Old Maters to Modern Art"
Duration: 25 October - 27 November 2017
Artists: Tessa de Wet, Linda Fourie, Juanita Benade, Elize Smith, Machtild Husselman, Nellien Brewer
In support of CANSA.
Ongoing exhibitions as a member of the "South African Guild of Aviation, Military and Maritime Artists". 2014 - present
Private presentations to commissioning clients 2011 - 2014.
Centurion Art Gallery, Members Exhibition as a member of the Centurion Art Society, 2011.
Zwartkop Air Force Museum Art Gallery, Zwartkop Air Force Base, Valhalla, "From Canvas to Jets", 2011.
Assocciation of Arts Pretoria Art Gallery, 173 Mackie Street, New Muckleneuk, Members Exhibition as a member of the Association of Arts Pretoria, 2011.
Centurion Art Gallery, Members Exhibition as a member of the Centurion Art Society, 2010.
Artwise Framing Boutique, The Moot, "Secret Garden", 2010.
Siembamba, Centurion, 2010.
Rare Coins and Notes, Irene, Centurion, 2010.
Artcafe, Centurion, 2010.
Centurion Art Gallery, Members Exhibition as a member of the Centurion Art Society, 2009.
Centurion Art Gallery, Artist of the Year Exhibition "Collaboration" as a member of the Centurion Art Society, 2009.
Merit Award in Conceptual Art Category, Artist of the Year Exhibition "Collaboration", Centurion Art Society, 2009.
Centurion Art Gallery, Artist of The Year Exhibition "Boundaries" as member of the Centurion Art Society, 2008.
Private presentations to commissioning clients 2003 - 2008.
Rialto Art Gallery, Strand, Western Cape, 2003.
People who chose Juanita's work also chose work by: