Add to your Shopping Cart
Remove from your Shopping Cart
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
W: 408mm x H: 700mm x D: 38mm
W: 16" x H: 28" x D: 1"
Approx. Weight: 2.5kg
This work is
I love textures and I did this work that has many layers of paint showing through the two wider strips together with the thinner painted lines as well as the textured lines. The red paint was applied thinly to run but controlled between the textured line. This created an interesting organic dinamic to the painting.
Remove Abe from your favorite artists list
Add Abe to your favorite artists list
View all 94 works by Abe Heuer
Born 1956 - Johannesburg. I was always artistic from a very young age. In my teens I did art mostly for myself, my family and friends. I was also interested in design and architecture and finally went on to study Interior Design in 1980/81 & 82.
Even though I did some formal training in fine art while studying I am mostly a self taught artist which I prefer. I don't like to learn from art teachers as this would affect my own methods of painting etc and helps me to become a more of a unique artist with my own style.
Generally as a Contemporary Modern Artist, my work is in acrylics and in oils but also include many other mediums, and I love all mediums. My paintings are not realistic renderings although they appear detailed. They are going towards a more emotive and organic expressiveness and at times semi-abstract especially my landscapes with the fusion of realism with the abstract as life in all its facets is quiet abstract and never static.
My paintings have a very textile feel and look to them due to the textural finish of the paintings resulting from mixed mediums which adds to the organic expressiveness. My subjects vary greatly from Still Life to Landscapes / Treescapes and Seascapes to Impressionistic work to Abstract work and Abstract Expressionism as I like to explore the many avenues that art has to offer as well as doing my own experimentation's in creativity. . . as a creative being I do not like being static.
. . . I greatly admire Jackson Pollock's total freedom of expression and his awesome contribution and as the pioneer in abstract expressionism and all that has come out of this expressiveness to bring out all that creativity has to offer - eternally. . . . creativity is eternal and always changing.
Shalom - peace
- As an Artist: Under the Sun. - (1981 - 82)
- As an Interior Designer: I worked as a professional in Interior Design as well as
Interior/Exterior signage from 1983 until I took early retirement at the end of 2010 so that
I can concentrate on my fine art on a full time basis.
- 2010 & 2011 I was working on my new works in preparation for outdoor exhibitions as well
as indoor art gallery exhibitions.
Gallery Exhibitions from 2012 to current:
- Artichoke Art Gallery, Magaliesburg. - 2012 - 2013
- Maropeng, Cradle of Humankind Pop-up Gallery. - 2013 & 2014
- Artist Under the Sun, Outdoor Gallery. - (2014) (approved exhibitor)
- ISIS Gallery. (2014/2015) (Now closed)
- State of the Art Gallery on 6th.(2015 & 2016)
- Alice Art Gallery. (2015)
- Chris Tugwell Gallery, Pretoria CBD. (2015/2016/2017/2018/2019)
- Cosmos Art Gallery(Chris Tugwell). (2015/2016/2017/2018/2019)
- Home Gallery - Sales directly from my art studio at home (commissions etc) (2019)
- Purple Heart Gallery. (2022)
- Alice Art Gallery. (2022)
3 yrs Interior Design, early 80's - Wits Tech Dept Art & Design.
People who chose Abe's work also chose work by: