Remove Abe from your favorite artists list
Add Abe to your favorite artists list
Born 1956 - Johannesburg. I was always artistic from a very young age. In my teens I did art mostly for myself, my family and friends. I was also interested in design and architecture and finally went on to study Interior Design in 1980/81 & 82.
Even though I did some formal training in fine art while studying I am mostly a self taught artist
which I prefer. I don't like to learn from art teachers as this would affect my own methods of painting etc and helps me to become a more of a unique artist with my own style.
My current work is in acrylics. Acrylics have a fast drying time and I can finish a painting one at a time so that I can capture my thoughts and feelings for that particular subject and art piece. My paintings are not realistic renderings although they appear detailed. They are going towards a more emotive and organic expressiveness and at times semi-abstract especially my landscapes. My paintings have a very textile feel and look to them due to the textural finish of the painting which adds to the organic expressiveness. My subjects vary greatly from Still life to Abstract work.
I greatly admire Jackson Pollock's total freedom of expression and his contribution as an abstract expressionist.
- Artist Under the Sun. - (1981 - 82)
- I worked as a professional in Interior Design as well as Interior/Exterior signage from 1983 until I took early retirement at the end of 2010 so that I can do my fine art on a full time basis. 2011 I was working on my new works for exhibitions.
- ArtiChoke Art Gallery, Magaliesburg. - 2012 - 2013
- Maropeng, Cradle of Humankind. - 2013 & 2014
- Artist Under the Sun. - (2014) (approved exhibitor)
- ISIS Gallery. (2014/2015) (Now closed)
- Alice Art Gallery. (2015)
- Chris Tugwell Gallery, Pretoria.(2015/2016/2017 - )
- State of the Art Gallery on 6th.(2016)
3 yrs Interior Design, early 80's - Wits Tech Dept Art & Design.
People who chose Abe's work also chose work by: